NU675-7D-LA Unit 4 Assignment – State Practice Laws Case Study Herzing
Consider your state practice act related to NP practice as you reviewed it in the previous module and on the AANP map as well as your state’s nursing board. Write a 3-5-page paper about how the practice act for your state encourages or discourages quality and effective patient care for a patient with co-morbid conditions. Consider the below case.
A 35-year-old African-American male reports trouble with sleep for over 3 months. He has trouble both falling and staying asleep. He has increased his drinking habits at night to try and increase his sleepiness before bed. He states he is drinking 1-2 beers every night before bed. He also states he has a history of depression that was successfully treated with Prozac for 4 years. He has not been on medication for the last 24 months and states that his depression has been somewhere from a 1-2 on a 0-10 scale with 10 being the worst. He denies SI/HI, and A/VH. However, he does state an increase in anxiety when he does not sleep. He states he feels fidgety and out of it during the day. His vitals for today’s visit are:
Your paper should include:
- Title page (APA)
- Introduction to your state NP practice
- Discussion of how the NP practice laws in your state affect patient care
- Specific case and how it is affected by your state’s practice act
- Include at least 3 scholarly articles in addition to your textbooks.
- Paper must be in APA format including, reference page, cover page, in-text citations, and overall paper format.