NU675-7D-LA Unit 16 Discussion – Reflection Herzing
Discussion: Unit 16, Due Tuesday at 11:59 AM CT
Unit 16 Discussion – Reflection
Please respond to the following questions based upon these course objectives:
- Independently with mentor supervision, apply knowledge of chronic and acute psychiatric mental health disorders using the current edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders diagnostic criteria to assess, diagnose and manage the patient populations across the lifespan including a focus on vulnerable populations at risk for mental health disorders.
- Independently with mentor supervision, integrate complete mental health assessment, interview, history, and physical exam data collection with the knowledge of pathophysiology and psychopathology of psychiatric mental health disorders across the life span to form differential diagnoses and implement therapeutic, patient-centered treatment plans and interventions for patient populations across the lifespan.
- Independently with mentor supervision, merge traditional and complementary pharmacological/non-pharmaceutical interventions into the treatment and management of psychiatric mental health disorders for patient populations across the lifespan.
- Independently with mentor supervision, examine, evaluate, and demonstrate professional development in the role of the nurse practitioner in the diagnosis and management of health and wellness as well as acute and chronic psychiatric mental health disorders illnesses for patient populations across the lifespan as a member of an interprofessional team.
- Independently with mentor supervision, integrate cultural, spiritual, and social competencies into therapeutic patient-centered treatment plans in connection with evidence-based findings to the diagnosis and management of individuals, groups, and families across the lifespan with acute, complex, and chronic psychiatric mental health disorders.
- Independently with mentor supervision, analyze professional values and core ethical/legal standards into the practice of the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner role with relation to patient/staff safety, quality indicators, and health outcome improvement in the delivery of quality psychiatric mental health care to patients.
- Identifies with mentor supervision, the highest level of professionalism and accountability for the PMHNP role for transition into clinical practice.
Please answer the following questions with supporting examples and full explanations.
- For each of the learning objectives, provide an analysis of how the course supported each objective.
- Explain how the material learned in this course, based upon the objectives, will be applicable to the professional application.
Provide evidence (citations and references) to support your statements and opinions. Responses to these questions are due by Tuesday at 11:59 AM.
All references and citations should in APA format.