NU672 Unit 16 Discussion – Reflection Herzing
Discussion: Unit 16, Due Tuesday at 11:59 AM CT
Unit 16 Discussion – Reflection
Please respond to the following questions based upon these course objectives:
- Demonstrate an understanding of various psychotherapy theoretical concepts, frameworks, and modalities for the treatment and management of individuals, groups, and families across the lifespan with acute, complex, and chronic psychiatric mental health disorders including a focus on vulnerable populations at risk for mental health issues, and considerations of cultural, socio-economic, legal and ethical factors affect those seeking treatment.
- Exhibit knowledge of acute, complex, and chronic psychiatric mental health disorders related to criteria of the current edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders to diagnose and manage individuals, groups, and families across the life span and the formation of a differential diagnosis to establish treatment planning for care with special emphasis on matching specific psychotherapy modalities that correlate to specific psychiatric mental health diagnosis for best outcomes based on evidence-based research data and findings.
- Analyze evidence-based therapeutic models of interview techniques to obtain a full history and assessment for use in developing a differential diagnosis and to develop a therapeutic relationship with patient-centered care for individuals, groups, and families across the life span with acute, complex, and chronic psychiatric mental health disorders.
- Evaluate the PMHNP role in screening, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment with psychotherapy modalities in psychiatric mental health care across the lifespan while including health promotion, advocacy, healthcare policy, and placement within the continuum of care.
- Identify core professional values and ethical/legal standards into the practice of the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner role with relation to patient safety, quality indicators, and outcome improvement in the delivery of quality psychiatric mental health care to patients.
Please answer the following questions with supporting examples and full explanations.
- For each of the learning objectives, provide an analysis of how the course supported each objective.
- Explain how the material learned in this course, based upon the objectives, will be applicable to the professional application.
Provide evidence (citations and references) to support your statements and opinions. Responses to these questions are due by Tuesday at 11:59 AM.
All references and citations should in APA format.
There is no peer response required for this discussion, but feel free to discuss these topics with classmates.
There are no reviews yet.