NU636-7E Unit 5 Assignment – Case Study: Rheumatoid Arthritis Herzing
A 50 year old woman has had rheumatoid arthritis for 3 years and has been taking multiple NSAID’s. She has taken corticosteroids a few times during flare ups.
The disease seems to be progressing with stiffness and swelling in her hands and wrists. Examination reveals rheumatoid nodules, synovitis of both wrists and metacarpo-phalangeal joints. This is an indication of an acute exacerbation of rheumatoid arthritis. She is prescribed methotrexate with sulfasalazine and a short course of prednisone.
- What is the mechanism of action of prednisone?
- What is the concern with chronic treatment with glucocorticoids?
- What is the mechanism of action of methotrexate and sulfasalazine.
- What are the side effects of methotrexate and sulfasalazine
- Prepare and submit a 3-4 page paper [total] in length (not including APA format).
- Answer all the questions above.
- Support your position with examples.
- Please review the rubric to ensure that your assignment meets criteria.
- Submit the following documents to the Submit Assignments/Assessments area:
- Case Study: Rheumatoid Arthritis
There are no reviews yet.