NU636-7E Unit 4 Assignment – Case Study: Hyperlipidemia Herzing
A 70 year old hypertensive and diabetic male is taking an ACE inhibitor and a thiazide for his hypertension.
For his type II diabetes he is taking metformin.
Both his hypertension and blood glucose are within normal range.
Routine blood work reveals normal renal function and liver enzymes. His total cholesterol and low density lipoprotein (LDL) is elevated.
To reduce the risk of coronary artery disease he is commenced on a HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor.
- What drugs fall under a HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor.
- What is the mechanism of action of this drug.
- What effect will this drug have on total LDL and cholesterol levels.
- What are the common adverse effects and drug interactions?
- Prepare and submit a 3-4 page paper [total] in length (not including APA format).
- Answer all the questions above.
- Support your position with examples.
- Please review the rubric to ensure that your assignment meets criteria.
- Submit the following documents to this assignment area:
- Case Study: Hyperlipidemia
Estimated time to complete: 2 hours
There are no reviews yet.