NU625-7 Unit 2 Discussion – Personal Philosophy Herzing
- Develop a personal philosophy and framework acknowledging professional and accrediting agency competencies relating to the role and scope of practice of the family nurse practitioner.
- Identify a nurse theorist or professional accrediting agency that provides the foundation for this philosophy development.
- Secondarily, identify variations in prescriptive authority among APNs.
- Compare prescribing privileges from the state within you will practice and compare to another state.
- Discuss similarities and differences with a focus on client safety concerns or initiatives.
Estimated time to complete: 3 hours
Discussion Peer/Participation Prompt
Please respond to at least 2 of your peer’s posts. To ensure that your responses are substantive, use at least two of these prompts:
- Do you agree with your peers’ assessment?
- Take an opposing view to a peer and present a logical argument supporting an alternate opinion.
- Share your thoughts on how you support their opinion and explain why.
- Present new references that support your opinions.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour