NU625-7 Unit 2 Discussion – Credentialing and Clinical Privileges
You have been called to testify in front of a regulatory committee that is reviewing the credentialing and clinical privilege rules for APN’s. Because of your experience in the field you are considered an expert in this area.
- Explain in detail the difference between APN certification and credentialing.
- Then explain the meaning of clinical privilege.
- Why are certification, credentialing, and clinical privileges important to patient safety?
Estimated time to complete: 3 hours
Discussion Peer/Participation Prompt
Please respond to at least 2 of your peer’s posts. To ensure that your responses are substantive, use at least two of these prompts:
- Do you agree with your peers’ assessment?
- Take an opposing view to a peer and present a logical argument supporting an alternate opinion.
- Share your thoughts on how you support their opinion and explain why.
- Present new references that support your opinions.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
There are no reviews yet.