NU621-8D Unit 7 Discussion – Pathophysiologic Diagnosis Herzing
The parents of a 10-day old infant boy have brought their son for an office visit and are extremely anxious. They report that the delivery was uneventful and he was discharged without incident. He was well, happy, and eating fine until 2 days ago. While he was taking his formula, he suddenly turned a “grayish color”, had difficulty breathing, was unable to continue eating, and took a long time to calm down. Since then, he has not been eating because these same symptoms happen every time he tries to eat. These even occur when he cries.
- Present your initial diagnosis and include the pathophysiologic explanation to support it.
- Also discuss why this infant was asymptomatic for the first week of life.
- Discuss interventions for this infant, including education for his parents.
- Expand on the care plans proposed by your colleagues.
Cite current research findings, national guidelines, and expert opinions and controversies found in the medical and nursing literature to support your position.
Discussion Peer/Participation Prompt
Please respond to at least 2 of your peer’s posts. To ensure that your responses are substantive, use at least three of these prompts:
- Comment on at least 2 peer responses and explain why you agree with their diagnosis.
- Take an opposing view to a peer and present a logical argument supporting a different opinion.
- Share your thoughts on how alternate interventions that could also be used in this case.
- Present new references that support your opinions.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
There are no reviews yet.