NU621-8D Unit 7 Assignment Heart Failure Herzing
- Identify and select appropriate interventions including diagnostic tests and nursing interventions.
- Analyze physiological and psychological responses to illness and treatment modalities
Purpose: Examine case studies related to cardiovascular disease and answer the assigned questions. This assignment should help refine your clinical/critical thinking skills.
A 72 year old male patient is being seen for a hospital follow-up visit. He was discharged 1 week ago after a 3-day stay for an exacerbation of congestive heart failure. He has a history of CAD and dilated cardiomyopathy, with a left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) of 0.30 (30%). You note he has been hospitalized for the same problem 3 times in the last 8 weeks. While performing his history and physical, you learn he has not been taking his diuretic as directed because it makes him go to the bathroom all the time and it disrupts his sleep. He also is not taking the prescribed beta blocker because it makes him sleepy.
- Identify type of heart failure present.
- Describe the pathophysiologic alterations that occur with this type of heart failure.
- Develop a Heart Failure Checklist to promote compliance with evidence-based treatment and management of Heart Failure.
- Included recommended topics:
- 2013 Guidelines for Management of Heart Failure,
- medications, interventions, counseling, patient education, follow up, and referrals
- other topics as appropriate.
- Describe how compliance with prescribed regimen might prevent heart failure exacerbations and hospital admission/readmission.
- Your answer must follow APA 6th edition format. Submit the answer in the assignment area of your course.
There are no reviews yet.