NU621-8D Unit 4 Discussion – Chronic Kidney Disease Herzing
One of your favorite patients is a 68 year old male who has Stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD). He tells you he has no appetite, is losing weight, cannot sleep more than 3 hours at night, and bruises easily.
- Identify the fluid and electrolyte changes in chronic kidney disease.
- Explain which disturbances your patient may be experiencing.
- Describe the impact of Chronic Kidney Disease on 2 other systems and interventions that will minimize these complications.
- Give examples from your practice.
- Provide suggestions for your colleagues that will assist them in the care and education of their patients with CKD.
Cite current research findings, national guidelines, and expert opinions and controversies found in the medical and nursing literature to support your position and suggestions.
Discussion Peer/Participation Prompt
Please respond to at least 2 of your peer’s posts. To ensure that your responses are substantive, use at least three of these prompts:
- Do you agree with your peers’ approach to patient education?
- Take an alternate view and offer some different methods for educating patients about this issue.
- Share your thoughts on how you support their opinion and explain why.
- Present new references that support your opinions.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.