NU621-8D Unit 3 Discussion – Cancer Testing Herzing
You are seeing a husband and wife for routine yearly physicals. You want to discuss health promotion activities with them, including self breast exam (SBE) and mammography for the wife and prostate self exams for the husband. The wife states she is embarrassed to admit she has never done a breast self exam or had a mammogram and didn’t think they were useful anyway. The husband tells you he read in the magazine in your waiting room that blood tests to check for prostate cancer don’t need to be done anymore.
- Provide evidence-based information to the wife about the recommendations for SBE and mammography and your recommendations to her based on the evidence.
- Describe changes in her breasts that should be reported to her health care provider.
- Critique the use of serum prostate-specific antigen (PSA)to diagnose prostate cancer.
- Provide your evidenced-based recommendations to the husband for PSA testing.
- Provide at least one reference source that is different from your colleagues to help expand their knowledge.
Cite current research findings, national guidelines, and expert opinions and controversies found in the medical and nursing literature to support your position and suggestions.
Discussion Peer/Participation Prompt
Please respond to at least 2 of your peer’s posts. To ensure that your responses are substantive, use at least three of these prompts:
- Do you agree with your peers’ recommended treatment plan?
- Take an opposing view to a peer and present an alternative plan.
- Share your thoughts on how you support their opinion and explain why.
- Present new references that support your opinions.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
There are no reviews yet.