NU610-7B Unit 4 Discussion – Focused vs. Comprehensive Assessment Herzing
Initial Discussion Question/Prompt
Discussion post for this week, please take the following descriptive information and place it with the appropriate categories listed. Based on the descriptive information would this be a focused or comprehensive assessment and if focused what system or systems would you want to assess and why?
- Presents with c/o headache
- Pain is a ‘4’ on a scale of 1-10
- Scoliosis corrected with Charleston brace, broken toe
- No cold/sinus symptoms
- Eye exam 2 years ago
- No medications, NKDA
- No hospitalizations
- No tobacco use, wine once monthly, no recreational drug use
- Single, lives alone
- Traveled to UK, Caribbean in past 3 months
- Throbbing for past 2 hours, can feel pulse in temple
- Sports-induced asthma
- No fever, no changes in vision
- Chief Complaint
- History of Present Illness
- Past Medical History
- Personal and Social History
- Review of Symptoms
Discussion Peer/Participation Prompt
Please respond to at least 2 of your peer’s posts. To ensure that your responses are substantive, use at least two of these prompts:
- Do you agree with your peers’ assessment?
- Take an opposing view to a peer and present a logical argument supporting an alternate opinion.
- Share your thoughts on how you support their opinion and explain why.
- Present new references that support your opinions.
Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and analysis and include peer-reviewed journal evidence to support the student’s position.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with in-text citations and corresponding references in APA format.
Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets the criteria.