NU530-8D Unit 8 Discussion – Reflection Herzing
Unit 8 Discussion
Using one of the articles that you read for this class (it can be one posted in the class or one that you found) as a starting point, reflect on changes that you have or are currently experiencing.
- How can what you have learned in this class help you to develop your career and to navigate in this ever-changing health care landscape? Align your learning to one or more course objectives.
- Remember, this is a reflection posting, there is no right or wrong answer. The goal is for you to look back at where you were when you began this class and where you are now – to reflect on the changes and growth that have occurred.
Here are the course objectives to refresh your memory of what you have learned.
- Assume a leadership role in effectively implementing patient safety and quality improvement initiatives within the context of the interprofessional team using effective communication (scholarly writing, speaking, and group interaction) skills.
- Develop an understanding of how healthcare delivery systems are organized and financed (and how this affects patient care) and identify the economic, legal, and political factors that influence health care.
- Design system change strategies that improve the care environment.
- Examine the impact of organizational culture on individuals and groups within an organization.
- Relate local, state, and national accrediting agency standards and outcome measures to the processes in selected healthcare environments.
Post your initial response to this last discussion by Tuesday at midnight. No peer responses are required for this discussion.